Home Health Care
Many women who are about to have a baby would like to do so at home. Now, private health insurance companies are recognising this and many offer support for women who would like to have the birth at home or maybe they would like post-birt support in the home environment.
Home health care for pregnant women usually means that they will pay for all or part of the expense of a home birth. It is up to you to decide if this is what you want. Your doctor may help you decide what is best for you.
The second option is for some home health care after the baby has been born, again health insurance companies are starting to provide assistance to women who have just given birth and want some home nursing help.
- Is it a safe option for you?
- You may have to transfer at any time up until the baby is born. Are you prepared for that?
- Are you clear on the midwife’s role. What they can and can’t do?
- How far from the hospital do you live?
- How far away does your midwife live?
- Why do you want to have a home birth? You should be commited to a home birth for the right reasons.
We have home birth information for your viewing.