In the stars: An excerpt from The Baby’s Astrologer
by Chrissie Blaze
It is no longer just astrologers who claim that your baby’s birthday is a key to her future potential, happiness, and even career. Learn more here in this excerpt from The Baby’s Astrologer: Your Guide to Better Parenting Is In the Stars.
Seasons and personalities
The startling research of British psychologist and University Professor, Professor Alan Smithers, is that the season in which you were born strongly influences your future occupation choice. “Our research shows that a person’s personality is controlled by astrological influences, while in other human functions such as occupations there is a relationship with the time of year a person is born,” says Smithers.
Astrologers have fine-tuned this information even further. They know that the time, date and place your baby is born provides a blueprint for her future. It is never too early to help your child towards her fullest potential and guide her in the direction best suited to her.
That baby has personality!
Pre-parenthood, you may think of infants as just small humans who cry, gurgle, squeal, sleep and generally make a mess. However, parents and caregivers soon realize that, from early on, distinct personalities emerge. Maternity nurses are able to see this within the first few hours of birth. They can spot the willful ones, the placid ones or the timid ones. When we emerge into this world, we already have a personality; it just takes a decade or four to fully discover what this is.
I recently gave an astrological consultation to an elderly lady of 87. She is an amazing soul, an eternal student, who told me afterwards that she could now understand herself as she had never done before. My consultation had, she said, given her an “honest look at herself and her potential.” She was now raring to go out and use it! Well, better late than never. I wrote these guidelines for enlightened parents, teachers and guardians to ensure that their child does not have to wait 87 years!
I am sure all parents wonder what kind of person their child will become. They know he will be handsome, brilliant, charming and talented, but they don’t know what problems and challenges he may be faced with, or in what area his talents may lie. They will give him the best of care and love him more than they thought possible — but may ask themselves, “Who is he really?”
This is to introduce you to the unique person who is your baby. Besides helping you to understand who your child is, Baby’s Astrologer was written to help you understand the wisdom and enlightenment that astrology can bring to parenthood.
- ARIES (March 21 – April 20) “Let me do it!” will be a frequent comment. Your Aries child is not strong on patience, but gets top marks for enthusiasm and initiative.
- TAURUS (April 21 – May 21) “Don’t rush me!” Give your Taurus child plenty of notice when you want them to do anything. They will resist if you try and push them into things.
- GEMINI (May 22 – June 21) “Let me tell you a story!” This little one is always curious and always on the move. Keep your Gemini child busy and you keep them happy. They love to talk but their attention span is short.
- CANCER (June 22 – July 23) “Mommy, I’m hungry.” Feed your Cancer child with good nourishing food, and also feed their rich emotions. They are highly sensitive and must be comfortable to be productive.
- LEO (July 23 – August 23) “Look at me!” Your Leo child was born for the limelight. Give him plenty of praise and confidence, and he will become the natural leader that he was born to be.
- VIRGO (August 24 – September 23) “Is that the right way to do it?” The Virgo child will worry endlessly until she has all the answers. She is bright, intelligent and often fastidious. Tell her how wonderful she is; she can be her own worst critic.
- LIBRA (September 24 – October 24) “That’s not fair!” This child wants everybody to be happy and everything to be fair. He enjoys being with people and is naturally sociable. Everyone loves his charming ways.
- SCORPIO (October 25 – November 23) “Mommy, why are you upset today?” The sensitive child has strong feelings and an intense desire to know what’s going on. She is tenacious and determined and loves to get her way.
- SAGITTARIUS (November 24 – December 22) “Can we go out?” This child has an adventurous spirit. There are two distinct types of Sagittarius children. One loves the outdoors and animals, the other is loves to read and learn. He may be a bit of both.
- CAPRICORN (December 23 – January 20) “This is how you do it” This child always knows best and is a little adult from the minute she can talk. Give her plenty of responsibility and she will excel.
- AQUARIUS (January 21 – February 19) “Let’s be friends!” The Aquarius child can be slightly aloof from the crowd, but likes lots of acquaintances. Just accept and enjoy his differences from other children.
- PISCES (February 20 – March 20) “Let’s play make-believe!” This child is a dreamer. If you guide her into using her active imagination, she will do well. She can be good at avoiding things she doesn’t want to do.
I have just given you a glimpse into the tendencies of each Sun sign. However, there are many other factors in your baby’s birth chart, including his Moon sign and Rising Sign.
In my latest book The Baby’s Astrologer: Your Guide to Better Parenting Is In the Stars, I have given a glimpse into several of these factors as well as a unique astrological guideline to your baby’s development from birth through 3.
The following is an example for an Aries baby. If you know a baby who has either the Sun in Aries, the Moon in Aries or Aries Rising, you should see if this applies. You may be surprised to find that it does!
Birth to one year
Eating: Your Aries baby has a healthy appetite and won’t like to be kept waiting for his food — or anything else for that matter. Don’t worry, He’ll let you know loudly when he’s hungry. This is the baby who will usually end up with food smeared all over his face. His impatience, combined with his bobbing head, makes it difficult to accurately reach his mouth!
Sleeping: It may be difficult to get this bouncing, rattle-banging baby to sleep but he will delight you with his tremendous enthusiasm for life and all experiences. He is like a rubber ball, bouncing back from his constant scrapes and falls with courage and zest. It is important to exercise this high-energy baby so that he can sleep better. These babies will not enjoy being constricted in playpens.
Motor Skills: He is a restless soul; always moving, kicking and vigorous even before he is born. Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and this little bundle loves to be first at everything. He may surprise you by pulling himself up and grabbing onto things in an early attempt to walk before other babies his age. Don’t be surprised if he is walking by nine months. He will relish in his new-found independence and once he is moving around, you will begin to see your baby’s individualism emerge.
Language: This baby will say his first words before all the other kids on the block. He loves to tease and you will quickly see this mischievous quality developing in your fun-loving baby. It is not unusual for these babies to play teasing games with Mommy and Daddy as early as nine months old.
Learning: His fine intelligence shines through his clear, focused gaze. His speed of learning is impressive but don’t be surprised when his face turns red in anger, and he pounds his little fists. His desire to succeed outweighs his ability to do so and he is easily frustrated with himself.
Socialization: This infant is not shy, unless he has a more sensitive Moon or Rising sign. He is bold and brave with people and has no trouble expressing his many needs! He delights in life and in people. He loves to be the center of attention and makes his presence felt from the moment he is born.